With everything going on and being encouraged to stay home, it’s pretty easy to fall into the trap of spending HOURS upon HOURS on your phone. But this is the gift of time! The time we’ve all been complaining that we don’t have for the things we want to do because we’re always going, going, going. The time we’ve been wanting to just relax and slow down. Or the time to just catch up on things around the house.
Of course, you don’t have to go-go-go and be productive ALL the time. Personally, I’ve felt so go-go-go lately that I want to use this time for fun, for relaxing, and for just slowing down. But I do want to make a point to not spend days at at time on my digital devices and instead want to find things to do. I’ll be choosing to use this time to get back to what I love, to just allow myself to just be and also to spend time away from the digital-world.
If you follow me on my YouTube Channel and Instagram account, you’ll know I’m a huge fan of decorative planning. So naturally, I wanted to make a cute and fun list of things to do at home to keep my planner! I mean, why just list things out when you can use STICKERS!
Here are the 20 things on my list:
- Watch Frozen 2 – I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE!
- Make a chunky knit blanket. (I’ve had the yarn for over a year now!)
- Organize paperwork and set up 2020 file folders.
- Drink coffee and watch the sunrise.
- Paint my nails.
- Have a photoshoot day for Instagram planner photos.
- Spend 1 hour during the evening technology free.
- Make lemon water.
- Deep clean bathroom and wash the floor.
- Finish reading The Joy of Missing Out.
- File my taxes.
- Binge watch Season 2 of Lost in Space.
- Sit in the sunshine without my phone.
- Swap closet from winter to spring clothes.
- Call a friend and chat.
- Clean the winter grime out of my car (vacuum out and toss the trash).
- Bake a cake and decorate it.
- Enjoy drinking a hot chocolate.
- Go for a walk.
- Rearrange my bedroom.
Need more ideas? I’ll probably be diving into this list later too! Here are 20 more for you:
- Try a new recipe.
- Start planning the business you’ve been saying you need more time to plan out.
- Start the YouTube Channel or Instagram account you’ve been thinking about.
- Take up a new hobby like photography, drawing, or hand lettering.
- See that pile of untouched books on your bookcase or nightstand? Read one!
- GET OUTSIDE. Sit in the sun, enjoy your patio or drink your coffee on the deck.
- Try a new workout video from YouTube.
- Rearrange your bedroom, living room, closet, kitchen or every single room!
- Bake something – cookies, cake, cupcakes, bread.
- Clean out old apps/files on your phone or computer.
- Create a new music playlist or listen to a new podcast.
- Do some early spring yard work.
- Watch a movie while sitting in a pile of pillows and blankets (or make a fort)!
- Drink tea or coffee while doing nothing.
- Take a digital detox with a social media free day.
- Clean out the refrigerator and organize the pantry.
- Plan out a home improvement project and browse Pinterest for inspiration.
- Hang that artwork or wall decor that’s just been sitting there waiting for you.
- Write a list of vegetables or plants you’d like to plant when the weather is warm.
- Find an online course and learn something you’ve always wanted to learn.
There you have it! A list of 40 ideas for you to do at home. I’m looking forward to staying busy, being somewhat productive and just slowing things down. What are you doing? Let me know in the comments!
Wishing you all good health,
If you want to see how I made my 20 things to do at home list for my planner, check out my YouTube Channel!